Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome Back

Hello!




The 2011-2012 school year is off to a great start. I hope everyone had a fun and safe summer and is ready to get back to work. This year if you are enrolled in any of my classes you will be required to blog.



Last year students completed assignments and posted comments on my blog and we will do more of that this year, but there is a twist! This year students will actually be able to submit their very own post as well as complete assignments and post comments. It will be a fun and exciting year!



Students will be allowed to come in 30 minutes early and stay as long as 30 minutes after school to get their blog assignment submitted. So, no worries, everyone will have the ability to complete each blog assignment.



So - for your first blog assignment you are to:

Post a short (3-4 sentences)comment

*include your expectations for the school year (goals, plans, hopes)

*discuss how well you are adjusting to the new year and what activities you will be involved in



Enjoy your week, this is due September 7, 2011 by 3:00 PM.



-Coach Shedd

61 comments:

  1. This is a test comment
    -KShedd

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal for this school year is to pass all year round. My plans are to do my homework and study, I also plan to go to collage and become an animal cop. I don’t care how many people say I can’t do it. My hope is that nothing I can’t handle will come in my way. I hope that all the people out there who are fighting for their lives and ours will stay safe and make it ok. I’m adjusting a lot more in this first week of school than I did in the first 2 weeks at my old school. It’s a lot easier to get around. It’s a lot less confusing than Krimmel was too. So far Burton is a lot better than Krimmel ever was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals for this year are to make good grades in all my classes and to try my best at everything I do! I plan to keep a busy schedule and participate in many school activities. I hope that I can meet the expectations of my teachers, coaches and fellow classmates and team members. I also hope that I will do great on the STAAR test! I’ve been adjusting well to my new schedule and classes this year. So far I’m involved in band, cheerleading, and volleyball; I’m hoping that it’s going to be a good year!
    -mrollins

    ReplyDelete
  4. So - for your first blog assignment you are to:

    Post a short (3-4 sentences)comment

    *include your expectations for the school year (goals, plans, hopes)

    *discuss how well you are adjusting to the new year and what activities you will be involved in

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goals for this year are to make great grades in all of my classes, be involved in whatever I can, and to set as good of an example as I can. I am involved in volleyball and beta club and am looking forward to an amazing rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like to be able to help my teachers out as much as possible! So if there is anything that you need I'm your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goals for this year are to make good grades so that i can play football, basketball, baseball, and also show pigs.

    -Austin Hunter Martin

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goals for this year are to make the best grades i can all year in all of my classes. At the moment I am not involved in any activities but may be later in the year. I am adjusting to the new school year very well, I like it alot more than my old school. I am looking forward to a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goals for this year are to have a 95 average. :) Also to learn a lot. I'm gonna learn how to take good notes, too. Lastly to be very focused!

    -Paige Katherine Gold

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goals for this year are to pass all my classes with a high A! Also to be able to handle homework and all the other activities I'm doing like cheerleading, volleyball, and whatever else i decide to do! I think this school year is going to be GREAT because it's already been pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goal for this year is to make above a B in all my classes. So far this year is going good and made good grades so far! I plan on playing basketball this year and I have to pass all my classes to play. I had to get ready for this school year by waking up really early in the mornings. I went from going to sleep no earlier than 2 and waking up around 12 or 1 to going to sleep around 10 or 11 and waking up at 6!! I hope this school year stays good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This year I plan on staying a straight A student so that I can remain #1 in my class. I will play football, basketball, golf, and baseball; while participating in the Burton FFA and the Beta Club. I am the sophomore class president and plan on remaining a good leader/role model. This school year seems as if it picked up where the last left off. I hope everyone's school year goes well. Go Panthers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For this school year I plan on working harder than I did last year and keeping up with my homework and staying organized. My goal is to pass with low A’s or high B’s this school year and also pass the TAKS tests I have to take this year. I hope I am able to get along with Mrs. Steenkin a little better this year than I did last year to (So far, no luck).
    This school year has started off really great and I hope it stays that way. I have so far followed through with my plans and have stayed organized (knock on wood).
    I plan on being in Softball this year and possibly track if I get my physical therapy done with and my asthma calms down some by then.

    ReplyDelete
  14. my plan is to exceed with my grades as well as my extra curricular activities. My hope is to influece younger class men with my actions and help them through the year also. My goal is to become the first Burton football team in the history of Burton to when a state title!! chika! chika! yeah! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goal for this year is to remain a straight A student. I play volleyball and softball. I am a member of Burton FFA and the Beta Club. I am the Sophomore class treasurer. I am a HUGE Panther fan. GO BIG RED!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This year school year I hope to keep all of my grades up. also I am goin to give it all out in sports. but most of all just make this a good school year. Carter

    ReplyDelete
  17. This year I hope to have a great year and pass all my classes and help those who I see are having trouble. Last year was kinda hard for me because I was failing some of my classes, but I got through it and I was proud of myself. I am so excited for the rest of the football season and see what Mr. Silcox comes up with for our half time shows and see our Panthers have another increadible season just like last year!
    #GoBigRed

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goals for this year are to have good grades an to do good in all my classes. I would really like to be able to make all A's but that is a goal that is far away. This year I expect to do bettere than last year. I really hope that this is a good year for everybody and that everything goes according to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goals for this school year is to pass all my taks test at the end of the year. My expectations for school is to pass all my classes. Activities I will be involved in are cheerleading and that will be probably it.My hopes is to have a good Junior year and im excited for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goal for this year is to be more focused and have better grades and have a good behavior.I hope I don't go to ISS no more the rest of the year

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goal for this year is to pass all my taks test this year so I dont have worry about them my senior year. I also ould like to do all my homeork so I dont have zap. I also ould laike to keep a high B in all of my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I’m so excited for this school year with you Aunt Kathy!! My goals for your class are to pass everything and get a better understanding of American History. I’m adjusting to the new school and having lockers, I believe I will like my 8th grade year! I’m a little nervous about the STARR test this year; every teacher says it will be hard. So hopefully I won’t be too nervous with all the information you teach us! I will be playing volleyball and possibly softball, if we have a team this year. I’m also a cheerleader. So we will see how this busy year goes!!

    - Rhealee

    ReplyDelete
  23. My goal this school year is to pass every class and to make this a fun year! My plan will be to do great in sports, do great at school work, and pass the STAAR test (I heard that it is harder than the TAKS test.). I hope to be able to listen greatly and just have fun in every class! This year I am playing basketball, softball, track, and volleyball with all of my friends! I hope that I will be good at all of those sports! This year is really going to help with my future wish collage and high school with all of my classes! I really think that this is going to be a fantastic year with all of the classes that I have!
    -KPorter

    ReplyDelete
  24. This school year should be fun! My goals, plans, hopes, are very high! I expect myself do all my homework/assignments, study, win games in sports, not get into any trouble, and most of all be positive! The new Junior High building looks great! Im really excited because all my classes are really close together so I never will get a tardy! I will be involved with, volleyball, basketball, track, cross country, but I might change my mind! Im going to do all my best to prepare myself for the STAAR! Im looking forward to this year!
    -APearce

    ReplyDelete
  25. My new year is great so far I have some brilliant teachers they teach you everything their that you need to know. My goals’ for this year is to be on my best behavior and pass every subject that I have. Then I am going to try my best to set a goal to pass every last one of my test this year if not I am going to be really angry and upset at myself .My plan for the is to grow up and finish school and get an good education. After that I will go off to college and get my degree so i could build up the potential that i know i have a get or just do my cosmetologist work. I think that doing hair in the future for my plan will be great because that’s something I love to do and enjoy doing and it’s at least something I’m good at.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My goal this year is to get perfect attendance and honor roll. I plan to go to most of the football varsity games. But most of all I hope to have a great year. And I will be involved in football, basketball, and track. I love football it is my favorite sport. Have a great year every one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My hopes for the school year would be to win all of my football games. Also I would hope to pass all of my grades and classes. My plans are to get a scholorship, and go to Art Instatutes of Houston, and become a Animator. And my goals for the year would be to help people in need with my youth group at church.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My goals for this year are to make good grades, so i can stay in football. I also hope to not fail any classes this year. Something else is that i hope that the Varsity wins state this year.

    ReplyDelete
  29. my goals for this year is to make good grades and pass. my hopes are to pass high school. also i would hope to pass all of my grades and classes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This school year I plan on making good grade in all my classes. My goals this year are to get high scores on all my tasks test. I hope to learn a lot of history in Mrs. Shedds class as well as in all my other classes. I am having a great year so far in football and in all my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My goals for this year are to pass all my classes with good grades and not get in any trouble. I hope this year will be a great year and that it will be a lot of fun. Right now I am in Ag and playing football. I hope we have a great football season this year again and go farther than last season.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My goals for this school year is the pass all my classes with A’s and B’s. I also plan on passing the Taks test or get commended. Hopefully I will do good in all my classes like last year. So I can still be in Band which I love being in.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This year I have three main goals. I want to maintain the A average I've worked hard on keeping since I was little. Also I want to stay active in as many extra curicular activities as I can. And lastly I plan on having a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So far this year has been great, I dont dislike any classes I have. I've never had Coach Shedd before but she seems like a really good teacher,It seems really easy to learn things in here. My expectations are to get good grades and at least get into the top %10 of my class.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This year I am striving for commended on all of my TAKS test and to be on the distinguished honor roll each six weeks. These goals are tough but definitely achievable. I am also hoping to have a good volleyball and football (cheerleading) season. I am definitely adjusting well this year; it isn’t much different than last year. Hopefully this year will be just as great as or better than last year.

    ReplyDelete
  36. this year i plan to do good in my class and pace my TAKS so i can go to 11 grade and i can't wate for baseball to start.i will try to make it on the commended list this year.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My goal for this year is to pass all my TAKS test. Another goal for this year is to have a positive attitude. My activities that i'm doing this year is volleyball, softball, beta club, and FCCLA.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This year I plan on passing all my classes with an A average and getting commended on all my TAKS test! I plan to work hard and stay focused in class so I can meet these goals. So far the school year has been great and I'm looking forward to softball season!

    ReplyDelete
  39. My goal this year is just too have a good year overall. Get good grades and have fun while im doing it. Also im playing football and i hope we can be the first panther football team to win state.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My goal this year is just too have a good year overall. Get good grades and have fun while im doing it. Also im playing football and i hope we can be the first panther football team to win state.

    ReplyDelete
  41. My goal for this year is to keep my grades up and pass all my tests. I would like to not talk as much in class and be more focused. I want to work hard and stop hating school so much.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This year I expect myself to be extremely prepared for the TAKS test and have great grades! I will work really hard and focuse on my grades. I will be a cheerleader, play volleyball, basketball?, softball, and run track!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This year i plan on exceding in my education. I also plan on working on and fixing the schools electronics. As i am the second in command of the tech. team. I also plan on working on improving on my education and maybe have my microsoft certification by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Even though I am not in all the classes I want to be in or need to be in, I think I am going to enjoy my junior year. I already made a new friend Cierra. I am going to be involved in softball this year like every year :) All in all I want to have a productive drama free year.

    ReplyDelete
  45. My hopes for this school year that I pass all of the TAKS Tests and earn all of my credits to become a senior next year. I made a new friend Kaylee Bales. This school year is really awesome so far and this school is way different from La Grange in a good way. I love this school.

    ReplyDelete
  46. My Main Goals This Year Is To Past All My Test Including The Sat. I Hope To Make All Good Grades In All My Classes.I Would Like To Be More Focus And Learn Even More This YEAR!!!!

    JUWAN MATHIS#6

    ReplyDelete
  47. My goals for this year are pass all my test and have good grades, be better than last year, and be prepare for everything and learn more english.

    ReplyDelete
  48. My goal this year are to make good grades and pass all my test. And learn some more english. I hope have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  49. my goals are to make a goods grades and have a awesoome year.Plans are in the future is to go to collage and when i'm out of collage of I would like to be an animator that makes video games that kids and teens in the future.my hopes are to pass the starr test

    ReplyDelete
  50. I hope that we will have a great year and learn new things.I also hope we will be good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think this year is going to be a blast, cause there is so much things we can do this year like in sports I am in volleyball im not very good at it but I will try my hardest to get better and my teachers are amazing they are so nice to us and they help us the best they can and I met a new friend her name is Ranya she is the nicest girl you can ever meet. my goals is to make good grades and try my best

    ReplyDelete
  52. This year my goals are to be able to pass my classes with no problem andd i want to be able to play football,basketball,baseball.I also want to pass this new STAAR with no problems.Those are my goals and im hoping to have a great year and stay orginized.Thats my goals this year.

    ReplyDelete
  53. My major goal is to be a wonderful sudent and be on the honor roll. I will try to make all A's this year. I plan to play softball at the end of the year. I hope to show my pig Champ and place high. I will try to make this the best year ever!

    ReplyDelete
  54. my goal for this year is to pass all my class like science health math english social studies.

    ReplyDelete
  55. My goal for this year is to be succesful in all my classes.Also hope that this year will go fast as last year the athletic program been succesful. I hope to pass the 10th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  56. my goal t.his year is to have a fun year and make new friends.i'am ajusting the to the new year good so far. i like all me class.i hope that everyone has a grat year

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm hoping to keep up with my grades and make all A's this year. Other then that I think this year is going to be easy. I think math is going be a little hard though.

    ReplyDelete
  58. My goals for this year is to pass all my class

    ReplyDelete
  59. My main goal for the year is to get high A's in all of my classes. I also hope to get commended on all of my TAKS tests and improve my class ranking. So far the year is going great and I hope it continues in this direction.

    ReplyDelete
  60. My plans for this year is to make all A's and B's. Also do my best in football and win all games. But most impotantly, have as much fun as i can with out getting in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  61. triston lane eckermannSeptember 6, 2011 at 1:53 PM

    My goal this year is simple; pass my classes, go on to the 11th grade. This year besides passing I want to dedicate the year to football. I want us to get what we deserve in the end. I wana win state.

    ReplyDelete