Monday, May 9, 2011

End of the Year

As the school year winds down I would like to hear from all of my students.  Tell me about your year. 
What were some of your accomplishments?
What were the positive aspects of this school year?
What are you going to improve upon for next year?
What are your plans for this summer?
I really enjoyed my first year here at Burton.  I have been blessed with some great classes and experiences that will last a lifetime.  This summer I will be getting married and will have a lot of great stuff to share when the next school year begins. Be safe this summer and make good decisions!

60 comments:

  1. One of my accomplishment this year was improving my grades from last year. The positive aspects of this year was learning new stuff and sharing my knowledge with everyone else.My plans for next year is to extend my knowledge and keep sharing it with others. My summer plans are to go on vacation, get a summer job, and play summer basketball

    ReplyDelete
  2. My accomplishments were passing my classes the entire year, maintaining a positive attitude, and overall staying respectful towards my follow students and teachers.
    Some positive aspects of this year (for me) were learning new ways of eliminating answer choices during a test, and getting better and better at prioritizing what is most important (in school work and my personal life as well).
    Next year I am going to improve upon the TAKS test, or whatever standardized testing we'll have to pass.
    My plans for summer are spending a lot of time with close friends, family, and learning more about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that i have accomplished a lot this year. For the first time ever I have had all A's all year. I managed to pass all of my TAKS tests and even got commended on a few. That is a major accomplishment for me.
    I had a lot of positive aspects this year. I thourouly enjoyed sports this year as well as many of my classes.
    Next year I would like to imrove on my science classes and biology. I would also like to make all A's next year.
    This summer I plan to prepare for the upcoming football season. I would like to go on vacation and maybe even hunt for a summer job.

    Brandon Salinas

    ReplyDelete
  4. My accomplishment this year was making a good grader and a higher grade than last year. My positive aspect this is getting to learn new stuff and working hard and sharing my knowledge. I going to make sure i ready to learn and share with other who need help. My plan for this summer is to have fun and help my parent at work. And maybe getting ready to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaden-Ray Eckermann
    This year has been great. I’ve learned a lot in all subjects. Some of my accomplishments I have made this year were, that our Jr. high football team had a winning season, I got commended on both my math and reading tacks test and believed i past my history and science test, and that i got closer to all my friends.
    Some of the positive aspects this year was that we had a lot of fun in and out of class and that i learned a lot.
    This summer I plan on getting a job and hanging out with my friends and family. I also plan on staying in shape for our next year football season, which will be great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda ChapdelaineMay 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM

    Some of my accomplishments for this year would have to be keeping my grades up and improving in sports. Some of the positive aspects this year were being able to get to know my classmates better and being able to get to know lower and upper classman as well. What I plan to improve for next year would have to be getting my assignments in on an earlier date. My plans for this summer are working to save money for EFY (Especially for Youth) conference, go to a couple of camps, and just have fun with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My accomplishment was that I leaned many new and important things and remembered some things I learned in previous classes.
    A positive aspect was that I got to know some of my classmates better and improved my grades.
    Next year I hope to focus better and not be so easily distracted.
    This summer i will be very busy, my family and I are going on three very long trips and i will be experienceing some big changes.

    Kacie Bobbitt

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my accomplishments of the year was improving my math grade.
    The positive aspect of the year for me was joining softbal and learning the ropes for next year.
    For the following year to come I plan to keep on studing and accomplishing anything I set my mind to.
    And this summer I plan to get a summer job and save up money for a car and enjoy spending time with my family and friends

    :Courtney Robinson :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of my accomplishments this year were that I made the honor role, my grades are much better than last year, I played all sports this year, and I was only absent 20-30 days this year. The positive aspects this year was I did my best at everything I attempted, I didn’t stop playing football even though I broke my wrist, and I never gave up at anything I did. Next year I am going to improve upon my school work and not going to give up on football. My plans for this summer are to keep exercise, keep myself in shape, chill out, get a job so I can save money for a car, and go fun places.

    Written by: Austin Langley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Josh Parker said
    Some of my accomplishments were that I made better grades then last year. The positive aspect of this school year were I learned alot about QB in football and I learned new stuff. I hope to improve on making better grades and doing better at football. My plans for the summer are going to Mexico and finding a job to make some money and partying hard with my friends.

    Josh Parker

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a great year this year in school and sports. Our junior high football team tied for first in our district. We really improved since last year. I am going to improve in class on working harder in class. This summer I plan to get a job during the week only. On the weekends I am going to be showing lambs and goats all over Texas in TJLA. I am also going to be playing select baseball.

    Garrett Kunetka

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of my accomplishments for this year were keeping all my grades above an A, improving in all sports, and so far getting commended on all the TAKS tests. Some of the positive aspects this year were being able to enjoy all the sports and having a lot of fun with friends.
    Next year I hope to improve on all my skills in sports, also including academics.
    This summer I plan on staying in shape and getting stronger for football season, I also am looking for a summer job, and I look forward to spending time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Iv'e had a good year with my friends and learned alot in my classes. Some of my main accomplishments and positive aspects of this year are getting commended on both my taks tests so far and getting better in sports. Next year I hope to get my grades higher. This summer I will probably get a job and get ready for volleyball.

    Emma Broesche

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some of my accomplishments for this year was making way better grades in math and in science. The positive aspects that I had this year were great teachers, pull-outs,and after-school. Something that I am going to improve on for next year is studying more. My plans for this summer is going on a church mission trip to Noth Carolina and finding some kind of part-time job.

    Krista Engeling

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had a really good year this year; it has flown by for me. I have made a lot of accomplishments through the year by raising my grades up, getting better in sports, and helping my friends out with work ect. Next year I hope to have more friends and make my grades higher than they were this year. Through the summer I plan on having a job and getting prepared for volleyball.

    Kristina Jasinski:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. -Some of my accomplishments this year was trying my hardest at anything i do.
    -The positive aspects of this year was learning new things each and everday.
    -For the next upcoming year i am going to work harder and keep my grades up.
    -My plans for the summer is trying to find a summer job, hanging out and enjoying summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my accomplishments were passin so i could play sports and since it is was my first here another thing was meetin new people.

    my positive aspects is sports because it is just me i love to play baseball that is my aspects

    what i am goin to do next year is work hard in the classes and better on the field or court

    my plains for this summer is work and havin fun and live life because it is short

    carter williams

    ReplyDelete
  18. My accomplishments of this year was keeping my grades up for the football season being able to cheer this year. Some postive aspects for this year was keeping my grades up and making new friends. Next year i am going to improve on playing diffrent sports and maintianing time for friends and family . My plans for this summer is to go out of town go shopping and spend time with my friends and family :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This year I've began to take school a lot more seriously and try to get better grades. I have set higher goals for myself and have been constantly striving to be better. This year my grades have been higher than ever before and this is a major accomplishment for me. Next year i would like to keep my grades even higher than they are now and learn as much as i possibly can. I'm looking forward to this summer to be able to take a break from school and just relax. I am planning on babysitting and working at my parents shop in College Station.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 1.I learned new things and got better at working as a team.
    2.I learned.
    3.i am going to improve on my listening skills.
    4.I plan on working and working on music and my game.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My accomplishments would be that my grades have not fallen below the 70s, and that I got a laptop!
    The positive aspects were that we got some good laughs in these classrooms.
    The things I am going to improve on are that I will become more atentative in class, and work harder in class.
    My plan for the summer is to get a summer job and spend time with family I have not seen in a whle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some of my accomplishments were that i am almost making all A's. Also learned some stuff. Some of the posative things was that i gort to be in ag and i learned alotin there. I am going to make all A's. Get a job and get my 1968 camaro. Thanks for the great year in history mrs spies i will never forgetand even though we complained alot just know that really did make it fun. Hope to see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some of my accomplishment were passing all my classes in my first year in the american school system. Moving is alaways hard espeically when you move from out of country. I meet a lot of new people and made a lot of friends. The biggest thing for me is to improve my baseball skills and have a successful year. My plans for the summer are to visit my family and friends in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some of my accomplishments of this year were going 12-1 in football and maintaining good grades throughout the school year. Next year I'm going to try and make better grades then this year and get a good score on my SAT. This summer I am going to get a job and make some money and have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some of my accomplishments were learning about different colleges and which ones aren't for me. Positive aspects were that all my classes were interesting and tought me a lot. To improve I am going to get better at math. And my my plans for the summer is to work most of it but also find time to have fun. This is going to be a very interesting summer for me and there is going to be a lot to be learned. And I plan to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A few of my accomplishments were to pass all my classes. A few of the positive aspects were that i met some new people, learned a lot of new things, and had a great time at school. Im going to improve upon my work ethics and turning in work on time. This summer im going to take a bunch of vacations to different places and have a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  27. In this my first year in Burton, i learn many things, but i learn the more important thing in my life, learn english. My poitives aspects was, i trying to learn english. I think i will improve my skills and i will learn more english. My plans for this summer are: work and spend my money in vacations

    ReplyDelete
  28. This year was going great I moved back to Burton. It just seem like when I moved back I didnt care about nothing. So next year I am going to try to make better grades. My plan for the summer is going out of town and go buy sum new horses

    ReplyDelete
  29. Katelynn BobbittMay 9, 2011 at 2:09 PM

    My year in World History was not as boring as I expected. I kept my grades up and almost drove myself crazy trying to build a Roman road. Even though Trevor almost made Ms. Spies insane, we had some good laughs in class. Next year, I will be enrolled in Lamar. That means I'm moving this summer. Of course, I will be spending as much time as possible with my friends and horses this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My accomplishments this year are learn more english, and improve my grades. The positive aspect of this year was learn new things. next year I am going to try to make good grades and learn more english!! My plan for this summer is partying and work.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Some of my accomplishments were learning more in science playing basball for the year making all a's and b's with one c trying to get it up. My positive aspects were to learn and try new things.The next school year coming up I want to do better then I did this year. My plans this summer are to work hard to get better at the sport I could be playing in the future hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Some of my accomplishment was being on 2 playoff teams. I really loved being on the football team when was the first team to go 10-0 in a season. Even though we fell 2 games short of making the state championship game we are looking forward to next year hoping to go all the way and win the title. Things I'm looking to improve on for next year is to be a better person and act even more crazy than this year. Over the summer I'm going to the weightroom to get stronger and work on some of my football techinques.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My accomplishment this year was makeing good grades in all of my classes. Some positives of the 2011 school year was that I meet a lot of new people at Burton High School. The thing I to improve on going into senior year is limiting procrastination. Over the summer i will be working and playing baseball.

    Colton Mahanna

    ReplyDelete
  34. some of my accomplishments this year is not getting into any fights with anybody. i deffinatly did not get sent to the office. i also was classified as a party boy, skater, nerd, redneck, and jock. which is cool because being all those personalities in one school year is hard to do. we did amazing in footbal, no we didnt win state but, 13-1 is pretty dang good to me. i always kept my head held high this year no matter what happened to me. we did good in one act play and i got a lot of medals from track and theater. i plan on getting a job this summer, fishing, shooting stuff, and sleeping. thank you for you undivided attention. peace out

    Keaten Tarver

    ReplyDelete
  35. KaDjah Waymon
    One of my accomplishments of this year were my grades and I challenged myself. I stayed optimistic even through my hardest times. A postive aspect of this year was that I stopped procrastinating and I made some new friends. Next year I'm Going to be optimistic and finish up strong since it will be my last year. This summer I'm going to go to Georgia and just enjoy my last summer before the stress of college comes.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Blaine Wesson AndrewsMay 10, 2011 at 8:43 AM

    Some of my accomplishments this year is how i decreased my amount of zaps in this semester, and im not as sarcastic to teachers and staff as much as last semester, and i have kept my white shoes clean for an entire year. Some positive highlights of this year is how i did not miss one field goal in the playoffs during football, and my unbelievable amount of Zaps. What i plan on improving upon for next year is my super skills in football and kick a 50 yard field goal again. My awesome plans for the summer are to make lots of money and put a lot of stuff on my truck like dual exhaust and subs, also i plan to practice my kicking for next years football so we can win State.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Some of my accomplishments were that, I passed math all year long!
    Some positives from this school year was that I met some new amazing friends.
    Next school year i'm going to improve my additude apon others, and learn how to not get so angry with doing work that confuses me.
    My plans for the summer; i'm going to be flying to PA to spend the summer with my grandparents, and uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Some accomplishments over the year were that i passed all my classes and went steer riding with Micah. The positive aspect got a new history teacher she pretty cool baseball went to area and passed all my classes.what to improve for next year is to pag hss all my classes and enjoy being a senior and get better at riding steers and donkey lol. Plains for the summer are to hang out with friends get a job work with my dad and go help rope with friend go hog hunting and have some partys and go fishing. By paden Ullrich

    ReplyDelete
  39. Some of my accomplishments this year to make good grades and due good in football. This year in football we made far in the playoffs. Next year i would like to be more better in football.
    My plans for this summer is to work and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  40. ~Some of my accomplishments this year was making goood grades in all my classes. I never made a 95 in science my whole high school years.~
    ~The postivie aspect this year was i got a new mother and her name is mama Spice i love her~
    ~What i plan on improving this coming up year is to go to state in track in shot-put~
    ~My plans during the summer is to spend more time with my family and go to basketball camp~:):):)
    ~by: kyeshia mathis
    ~LOVE YOU~

    ReplyDelete
  41. Some of my accomplishments this year were making the honor roll and playing baseball for the first time in a while. My positive aspects were passing all my classes and making friends with just about everyone. I want to improve on my grades next year. My plans for thee summer are to work on my truck and just stay busy and stay out of trouble. I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT AND SAFE SUMMER.

    -Chris Maynard

    ReplyDelete
  42. My accomplishments were geting all of my classwork done.I going to miss Mrs.Spies this summer also her class to.Be prepare for anthing.Help my mom at her work and play videogames.

    ReplyDelete
  43. My year was pretty great alot of ups and downs but mostly down. But I always found a bright side to everything :). Glad I have amazing frinds to be there for me (Love yal)!!
    My accomplishments were trying to be happy again, servive my Junior year, TRY to talk more, and try to forgive my ememies.
    My positive aspects are, I got a new "brother", I have a wife, and I have my "sister" back! XD SERVIVING BEING SINGLE!! :D
    I want to improve on TALKING MORE, read more books, hang out more with friends, and just keep on living life :).
    I'm hoping I'll get to go to California, go to Colorado with my favorite cousin in the whole wide world again, get my driver licence, go to parties, get a job, and make this the best summer ever!
    -Andrea Huerta

    ReplyDelete
  44. accomplishments were that i passed all my classes and went roping with Micah. The positive aspect got a 97or above in science all year get better at Roping. Plans for the summer are to hang out with friends get a job work with my dad and go rope with micah and petey.

    ReplyDelete
  45. my accomplishments were passin so i could play sports nd since it is was my first here another thing was meetin new people.

    my positive aspects is roping

    at i am goin to do next year is work hard in the classes and better on the field or court

    my plains for this summer is work and havin fun and live life because it is short

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am becoming better at my singing and feeling better singing infront of people. I am doing better in subjects I did not do well in last year.

    What were the positive aspects of this school year? Made a lot of new friends. I have started tutoring one of my 6th grade friends. She had dyslexia and she just wanted some help reading.

    What are you going to improve upon for next year? Hopefully we will have a good band teacher. There will be more students coming from elementary.

    What are your plans for this summer? To spend time with my friends and family…..help out at camp for all if I can. And just make the best of it.

    Kaylee Busby

    ReplyDelete
  47. i love this school its the only one ive been too....this is kinda a hard ending to the year...one of the best teachers that has happened to this school is leaving and it will take a lot to make the band feel that way again about a teacher..... Mr. Owens we will miss you

    Kaylee Busby

    ReplyDelete
  48. I believe my accomplishments are passing all my classes with A’s … well and one B and standing up for what I believe in. my positive aspects of this school year are that I got to see my friends, meet new people, and I got a good Burton edjumacation lol! xD. But I think I’m going to improve upon for next year is wording things different, art, and helping out more. My plans for this summer are getting a job, moving to Waco (maybe), and getting my license. This year was been hard but I thank my family, friends, and teachers that have helped me along the way.
    Love,
    Mallory Gandy
    aka. Mali (>'w')>

    ReplyDelete
  49. Whatwere some of your accomplishments? Some of my accomplishments this year were getting better at sports and winnning at all the major livestock shows with my goats.

    what were the posative aspects of this school year? Some posative aspects of this school year was making Beta Club.

    what are you going to improve upon next year? Im going toimprove my volleyball and math skills.

    What are your plans for this summer? My plans for the summer is going to the gym so i dont die during two-a-days for volleyball.

    Carlie Callahan

    ReplyDelete
  50. This year went by fast, but I learned a lot this year. I learned how to solve math problems by using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. I also learned how to read and use the maps in social studies. The positive aspects that I learned is that I must ask for help when I need it. I want to improve all of my grades. My plans for this summer are to go to my sister’s house.

    Abby Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  51. *Some of my accomplishments are that I had learned a lot this year and actually comprehended the work.
    *Some of the positive aspects of this school year were that I pushed myself harder than last year by setting goals at the beginning of the year and tried my hardest to accomplish them.
    *I’m going to improve next year is that I study and work harder on my assignments and not wait till the last minute to finish things.
    *Summer League Volleyball and working out a lot…getting ready for Junior Years.

    ReplyDelete
  52. My accomplishments was advancing my knowledge to a new level of intelligence. Sophomore year was alot tougher but i worked hard to overcome every obstacle. Everything was positive and rewarding yet fun. The main thing i will improve on is actually doing my homework and getting to school on time. Plans for this summer is to play a bunch of volleyball!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. wow!!!! that sums up my year. some of my accomplistments were getting better athleticly and advancing my education. some positive things were improving my core class grades.im going to improve my work habits and my musuclar physique. this summer i plan to be good kid, obey all laws, and have fun, whoooooooooop-eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Caitlynnnn55555555May 10, 2011 at 1:57 PM

    My year went by so fast. I continued to stay towards the top of my class and made it through each sport without an injury(yayy!). I received 2nd team in volleyball and 1st team in basketball. Next year I plan to go my hardest in everything I do because as of now, everything is starting to count towards college. This summer I’m going to enjoy the sun and the break from school. I have a lot of trips planned and am on a summer volleyball league with most of the other varsity volleyball players. Then before I know it, I’ll be a junior and starting my second to last high school volleyball season.

    ReplyDelete
  55. My sophomore year has definitely been a learning experience. I have lost good friends but I also made new ones! I have accomplished several things this year like making way better grades than I thought I would and improving 100% in softball thanks to coach Spies. I have enjoyed getting to know you as a teacher and a coach :) Some positive aspects of this year are that I have learned to just be myself and not let what other people think about me get to me because it doesn’t matter what other people think. I plan on improving my academics; I am going to start focusing on my grades a lot more now that I will be closer to graduating and getting in to college. My plans for the summer are to work, have good times with my friends and brother, and to just to enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  56. This year has went by fast! Anyways my accomplishments this year is the same as any other year not to lower my standards and become a better people person you can say. Postive aspect this year was sports. Plans this summer take care of my son and get readyy for football!!!! WHOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  57. It was a very good year, because I meet new teachers and had fun with all my friends.
    Some of my accomplishments was that I got better at my reading and math.
    I will improve at my school work and sports.
    I plan on going to my cuzzn house this summer
    Louis Brown

    ReplyDelete
  58. LaTricia Rochelle WilsonMay 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM

    This year went by too fast.. My accomplishments went were to keep my grades up and get along with everybody even thoughs who dont like me... My positive aspects was to always think positive and be respectful not like im not but to also keep my positive adititude .... Next year i plan on improving my grades better than they were this year.... My plans for this summer is working for the Burton Bridge Minstry, partying, shopping, spending time with family and friends, going to Forth Worth to look at Tarlenton State University (yahhhh), but most of all praising GOD!!! Its just next year gone be hard because all of my friends were mostly senoirs but wats gonna really be hard is my sister (LaShonda) will not be with me anymore so immma have to adjust to that..

    ReplyDelete
  59. Some of my accomplishments this year is I worked my butt off and pais off I am alligable for many grants and several scholarships for college thanks to Ms.Spies and Mrs. Cox. I have hadd a amazing year here at Burton and Im ready to start senior year. Im goin to miss Ms. Spies and every one else i HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH THIS YEAR!! I hope every one has a great summer and cant wait to see yall for our last year in Burton!!!

    Christina Trevino

    ReplyDelete
  60. some of my accomplishments this year is i worked hard in class. I have had an amazing time with u in class.. i will miss u my senior year. i will workall during summer and will see u my senio9r year


    kurt jasinski

    ReplyDelete