Well, I am finished completely with my room and halfway through my lesson plans. I am ready for school to start! I was planning to stay at school today until I finished but, it's Ruthie's 21st birthday and I had to celebrate!
I am looking forward to a great weekend of a classic Washington County wedding (congratulations Amanda and Taylor!), Church ( Pastor Steve is Blessing us for the new school year, boy will I need it!), and relaxation!
Until next time............
On the morning of Thursday, October 24, 1929, stock prices plummeted. Vast numbers of people were selling their stocks. Margin calls were sent out. People across the country watched the ticker as the numbers it spit out spelled their doom. The ticker was so overwhelmed that it quickly fell behind. A crowd gathered outside of the New York Stock Exchange on Wall Street, stunned at the downturn. Rumors circulated of people committing suicide.
ReplyDeleteTo the great relief of many, the panic subsided in the afternoon. When a group of bankers pooled their money and invested a large sum back into the stock market, their willingness to invest their own money in the stock market convinced others to stop selling.