Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

New blog assignments for the new year!


Grade 10 – World History



Blog Assignment -Agree or disagree? Support your point of view with reasons (at least 2 and/or examples) You must form a point of view on all three


Government- Governments are most successful when they have a powerful leader.


Geography - Civilizations develop successfully only if patterns of their historic settlement follow bodies of water.


Global Relations - Rulers expect the people they govern to always think and act as they do.


-due January 9, 2011 by 5:00 pm










Grade 11


Blog Assignment - Agree or Disagree? Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? Support your point of view using at least 2 examples.


Global Relations - Business interests often play a key role in the making of foreign policy.


Economics - Investments by foreigners will greatly benefit a country's economy.


Citizenship - The acquisition of foreign colonies conflicts with democratic principles and the ideal of liberty.


Due 1/9 by 5:00pm










Grade 8



Blog Assignment - Do you agree or disagree? Support your point of view with at least two examples.


Citizenship - Citizens have the right to rebel against an unjust government.


Constitutional Heritage - All human beings possess certain natural rights that should be protected.


Global Relations - A powerful nation will always defeat a weaker country.


Due 1/9/2011 by 5:00 pm

Happy blogging!

23 comments:

  1. Jaden-Ray Ecekrmann
    January 4, 2011

    I do agree that citizens have the right to rebel against an unjust government because, they should be able to fight for what they think is right.
    I beleive that all humans should possess certain natural rights that should be protected because, god gave us thoughs rights and we should be able to keep them.
    Its not true that a smaller nation will always fall to a more powerfull stronger nation. It depends on the strategy used by the countries and how their defence holds up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. January 4, 2011
    Citizenship- I believe that citizens have the right to rebel against an unjust government. The people know what they want, and they should at least be acknowledged.
    Constitutional Heritage- I believe all humans have a natural right that should be protected, but not all should be protected. Like if someone feels they have the right to take something that's not theirs' that is not a right that should be protected.
    Global Relations- I believe that the size of a country has nothing to do with if they win or lose, I think it has to do with the strategy of those fighting and commanding. Take the patriots and Britain, the patriots learned strategies for taking down the British.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffery Lomax

    Citizenship i believe citizens have the right to rebel against unjust government. Because people have the ethnic responsibility to know if their government is making their life's worse and mistreating there citizens.

    Everyone i believe has Constitutional heritage and they deserve them. Because all humans have rights to each their own. And natural human nature If you deserve it so does that guy or those people

    Global Relations A powerful nation will not always defeat a smaller country. yes the size has something to do with it.But it depends on on how fixed they are on winning for their country i mean Elizabeth the 3 beat the Spanish fleet and that was larger than them tenfold

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree because more people can get to know other people when they do intersest. They have to competeover what they want because it would be hardworking for them.I agree to economics because with a bigger population developing it would be good to have lots of people in the town.It also gives people the option of building up there town into something like a city or big town. Citizenship is a something i agree and disagree on because i agree its good for the people in the town but it is also bad because they are coming into conflict with the democratic principles.They also had some ideas on liberty to.

    Xavier Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AGREE with the definition that is stated above for Global Relation

    I DISAGREE with the definition stated above for Citizenship my definition for citizenship is: the character of an individual viewed as a member of the society

    I DISAGREE with the definition stated above for Economics i strongly believe that it is:the act that deals with the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blaine A

    Business- Agree. because business interests usually involve making money and usually foreign affairs invlolve money in some way.
    Economic- Agree. If a counrty is getting investments from foreigners and from people within the country then that means the country is being greatly benefited.
    Citizenship- Disagree. democratic principles has nothing to do with foreign policies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Global Relations - i do agree with global relations and how they play a rolein foreign policies. Because if another nation has something that we awant and will do anything for, they will create a policy that makes it to where we have to do it their way. so that will enable us to get what we need just under their policies.

    Economics - i agree with economics because when people investin an economy they give money to the providers, in which they use the money to grow more crops. this kind of creates a circle of trust in between all the investors and the makers. which makes the economy fundamentally better.

    Citizenship - i agrre with the aquisition of how foriegn colonies conflicts with democratic principles, and the idea of freedom. because democracy doesnt give a person the right to vote or have his own rights. But here in the U.S. we are republicans and we have all rights and the oppertunity for a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colton Mahanna

    I agree that business intrest of often play a key role in making of foreign policy. This is true because we need to import different things from around the world. If we dident deal whith the other country's around the world we would run out of things we need in modern day.

    I think that Investments by foreignes will greatly benifit a country's economy. I think this because if we trade with other contry's we can learn different and better ways to do buisness. If we deal with other forigners we can be better known around the world.

    I think it is against the principles and the idea of liberty. it is not good to go in and try to take over people in modern day. There is not many country's in the world that need land right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Global Relations- I strongly agree because if United States didn't communicate with other countries they would think we are a weak country and try to take an advantage over us. Another reason is because of the resources and land.
    Economics- I disagree because the ivestment would help the the country or you because if the country lose the money you lose it and so do the country. Also if the country would be doing stuff with your investment.
    Citizenship- Some countries might not like our government.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with business interest in Foregin Policy
    We were interested in Hawaii they have good soil and things we could use to our use



    I agree that foregin investment will greatly benefit a country
    It can help a countries economic status


    I agree when it comes to foregin things Principles and ideal liberty are set aside



    ~Christina Trevino~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree because businesses involve with the making of money.
    I agree because a country with foreign investments will get a great deal of money.
    In Disagree because the democratic principles have nothing to deal with economic principles.


    Kurt Jasinki

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the global relations because i think we do need a foreign policy.

    I disagree with the economics because how do we know it will greatly benefit a country's economy.

    I disagree with the citizenship because we won't have we won't have the rights somebody would be taking over us.

    -Andrea Huerta-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buisness: I agree with it. Because if we don't interact and trade things with other countries, they may be led to belive we are not a strong nation.

    Economy: I agree with it. Having things coming from other countries would benift our econmy with great numbers. If we do this, and start bringing other things into our nation, we will start gaining more job fields.

    Citizenship: Some people won't like the people of our nation, and how we act, and the way we run our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris Maynard

    I agree with the Global Relations. We usually ask permission from our bosses about our policies. Businesses have ploicies over foreing affairs.

    I disagree with the Ecoonomics more foreigners cause more trouble for our econoomy. Foreigners cause more money and distribution for our country.

    I agree with the Citizenship most people might not like the way our country is. Some may disagree wit our laws and regulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree that foregin investment will greatily benefit a country...it can help a countries economic status


    I agree some country might not like our government

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that business interests often play a key role in the making of foreign policy because of foreign goverments interests in investing in other countries companies and business.

    Investments by foreigners will greatly benefit a country's economy because of money flowing in and imports and exports such as car dealerships like toyota and honda.


    The acquisition of foreign colonies conflicts with democratic principles and the idea of liberty, i agree because if you are in a foreign colony in africa or any other country and a nondemocratic goverment such as great britain come and take it over that conflicts with the previous goverment and the idea of liberty.

    Erich O

    ReplyDelete
  17. i disagree that foreign investment will not greatly benefit a country


    i disagree people should not go and try to take over a foreign country in modern days




    micah harmel

    ReplyDelete
  18. agree because bussiness plays a big part in a countrtys economy/.

    foriegners bring in new ideas so they can help change the ideas and views of the country
    democratic views shaped the original colonies./

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree that foreign invmentns spend money to build a company.

    In citizenship hlep u to be free liberty and other things

    ReplyDelete
  20. Paden Ullrich
    i agree with Global relatfion we usually ask are bosses about are policeys and we ask about foreign policyy from
    Economics i disagree because when foreigners come to our counrty and look for work they take jobs from the americans
    Citizens i agree because they want to get away from were there from and start a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This year i want too achieve alot of things. First i want too get ready for the TAKS test. I want too pass all of my class's. I want too win state this year and next year. What i really want too do this year is enjoy junior year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1. George Washington - he positioned troops and cannons at Dorchester heights. He was the leader.
    2. Abigail Adams – she was the daughter of congregational minister. She married John Adams in 1764. She had 4 kids. Constant reader and developer remarkable letter writing skills. She strongly supported independence, supported women’s rights, and opposed slavery.
    3. Deborah Sampson – she disguised herself as a man and fought in the war. She got sick and that’s when a doctor discovered she was really a woman.
    4. Benjamin Franklin- He wrote the declaration of independence. He convinced the French to help the Americans.

    ReplyDelete