Hello All!
I am happy to report that the first six weeks went by smoothly and we are already into the half way mark for the second six weeks! WOW - where does time go? Way to go Lady Panther Volleyball - second place in district - that is a huge accomplishment. Playoffs - here we come! Congratulations Pathers on a gauranteed playoff spot - keep playing hard!
Ok - so here are the assignments for the second six weeks:
American History - 8th GradeImagine you are an early American colonist child. There are stories that a war might be stirring and you and your friends have heard your parents and other adults talking about the upcoming war. Write a journal entry explaining what you have heard. Make sure to include your immediate fears, what your life is like now and how you feel it may change if we go to war with Great Britain. Also, include what side your parents are on: Patriot or Loyalist.
World History
We are finishing up the Greeks and are about to talk about the Roman Empire. Write a journal entry explaining what life may have been like for you if you were an early Greek or Roman citizen(choose one). Be sure to include daily activities like work, school, entertainment, food you ate, where you lived (specific to area and housing structure), and who you lived with. REMEMBER - keep it time specific and content specific!
U.S. History
We are wrapping up the Gilded Age and starting the Progressive Era, write a journal entry posing as a citizen in America during the early 1900s. Make sure to include what daily life was like including where you live, what you do for work, what do you do for entertainment, are you married and what does your spouse do, and any other interesting facts you would like to include.
All students make sure your entries are at least 2 paragraphs long (with 4-6 healthy sentences in each paragraph). THIS IS DUE BY NOVEMBER 10th NO LATER THAN 5PM
Happy Journaling!
Coach Spies
PS - Happy Birthday Rhea Bug - you are growing up so fast!
My name is Brandon Salinas. The year is 1773. I am a young colonist living Philedelphia. Recently i have began to hear of a war stirring up between Great Britain and the newly developed colonies. I have heard that parliament is raising taxes in order to get us out of financial dept due to the seven years war.
ReplyDeleteI have not even began to decide between which group to turn to in case war does begin, patriot or loyalist. I feel like Great Britian has been very loyal to us in developing the newly found clonies, but at the same time i feel like raising taxes without a representative for us in Great Britian just isn't the right thing to do. I will write back as soon as I find out more.
Siincerely,
Brandon Salinas
I have heard around the city that people are planning on going into the war with England. My parents are freaking out about it. But I am not even worried because I have faith that we will be able to handle it. Some of my fears are that I will lose everything that I ever had. That freaks me out majorly. I dont want to lose my family nor friends. But hopefully we'll be able to do what we need to do in order to win!
ReplyDeleteRight now my life is VERY easy, I have everything that I have ever wanted. But if we were to lose in this war I am afraid that might change!!!!!
My Father is a Patriot and my Mother is a Loyalist. I am in the middle of both of them. I feel as though we all need to get along and just stop the fighting but I doubt that will ever happen!!!!! It would be VERY nice if that were to happen though. Right now I think that I agree more with the Patriots than the loyalist because,
Loyalist's are people who believed that England should continue to rule the American colonies.
And Patriots are people who supported the effort to obtain independence for the American Colonies.
So I feel as though we should support the effort to obtain independance for the American Colonies.
Submitted by,
Christopher Superior Holt
By: Jaden-Ray Eckermann
ReplyDeleteLast night I over heard mt Parents taking about a war comming over here to New England. The bad part is that I live here in the New England. They were saying that we are going to go to war with great Britain.
My life here in New England is great. I have many friends and so do my parents.the school I am now going to is great. But i fear that this great life I am liveing could end once we go to war with great Britain. I fear that I could be killed a long with my little and older brothers and sisters. I also fear that my parents will get killed in battle fighting with the rest of the patriot who are fighting in this war.
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteYesterday Charlie and i overheard our parents talking about an upcoming war with Great Britan. Our parents discussed their views on the war and shared their fears about the upcoming battle. My parents are patriots, and Charlie's are loyalists.
My immediate fears were that my life would drastically change, and that i would never get to see my bestfriend Charlie ever again. My life is good how it is now and i dont want that to change, if we go to war with Great Britan many things could change, some for the better and some... well, not so much.
Kacie Bobbitt
Hi my name is Garrett Kunetka. I am a young colo nist living in the american colonies. One of my friends just told me that there is going to be a war between the colonies and Great Britain. I like my life in the colonies a lot and I don't want there to be a war because it will change my life. If there is a war i might get killed. My family is Patriot because we dont want to have anything to do with England. I will send back after we find out what happens.
ReplyDeleteyour friend
Garrett Kunetka
My name is Luke Huffer. I am a young colonist living in Virginia. I have heard that there is war stirring between Great Britain and us, The Colonists. I heard that Britain is raising the taxes to pay for the cost of the Seven Year War.
ReplyDeleteI fear that my life is going to change drastically from how it is now. I fear that if war comes, the newly formed colonies may fall apart. My parents are patriots, so I will go with their judgement on this. I will write back as soon as there is more on this very improtant problem.
Sincerly,
Luke Huffer
I heard around town that we may be going to war with england. My parents are freaking out about it because my dad my have to fight and they are patriot and he hate the english. I am freaking out because I dont want to lose my dad and me want to spend time together. I really scared because if we fight them and we lose we will be controled by them and they very mean.I would not know wat to do if i losed my dad. I really dont know why england wants to fight us we didnt do nothing to them. But we are ready for them. I really hopeing they dont take my dad but take me.
ReplyDeleteby joshua parker
November 3,1775
ReplyDeleteDear Journal,
Things have not been going well for me. I have been hearing these devestating rumors about a war between colonists and Great Britain! It's absolutley horrible! I mean, my life is so great, well I have to do chores and hard work but thats beside the point, if this war starts my life will change dramatically. I can't even think about how bad my life could be, new rules, new town, even slavery!
All that I know could be about to change. My parents are Patriots, which means they want nothing to do with England and Great Britain. My greatest fears are my families safety. I do not want to get split from there sides and be all alone. I sure don't want this war to come.
Your Friend:
Krista Engeling
I overheard my parents talking they said that there is going to be a war between america and british! I cant beleive this, i am so scared. My dad is suppose to be in the war. I am scared that I am going to be deported to a safe house until the war ends. The war is finally over! Also my dad is ok. The colonist were paying taxes for the seven year the seven year war. The govermint deported me all the way to Louisiana. I stayed whith a nice ginerous family until the war was over. I was afraid that the war would make my life terrible but i had to make myself happy. Of course me and my parents are all for the loyalist.
ReplyDeletesencerely,
Austin Langley
November 4,1773
ReplyDeleteDear diary
I have been hearing devasting rumors about war.Sometimes i hear my parents talking about taxes and the war between great britian and newly deveolped colonies.Both of my parents are Pariots they want there to be indepence in the american colonies.
If we were to lose this war,I think everything will change and its a little scary.I might not see the rest of my friends of family anymore because of it.
Submitted by,
Courtney Robinson
Novermber 4, 1775
ReplyDeleteDear Journal,
People are saying there will be a war between the colonies and England. I've asked mother and father about it but they say that it is just talk and that i should not worry, but I've heard them talking also. My friends say they have asked their parents also and they have said the same thing as mine. I fear that a war may start. My life is good right now, I have lots of nice things but a war would change my life dramaticlly.
My parents have just told me a war may be coming but I should not be afraid. They also told me that they are patriots. They told me that this means that they want nothing to do with England or Great Britain anymore. I am worried despite what my parents say. I fear that things may change greatly, like more taxes, change in polocies, and my greatest fear is that if we do go to war that my father and my friends fathers will have to go fight. I hope that this war does not start for I fear that this could greatly damage the newly created colonies.
Posted by: Emily Fischer
The past few weeks I have been hearing my parents talk about a war that might be happening in the near future.I am very scared about what might happen to me and my family. Right now evrything is is going good for us, but im afraid that if there is a war I might die or my family might get split up.
ReplyDeleteSo, right now my friends and I are pretty scared. We hope that the disagreement between Great Britian and us will not come to war. My parents are patriots which means that they think the colonies can manage without England.
Sincerly,
Emma Broesche
today wasnt the best of days. i had to send my sons off to their first day of school. i remember when i didnt have to go to school, but ever since them compulsory education laws were passed my children have to go. after i sent them off me and the wife had a big argument. she doesnt like our small, 2 bedroom one bathroom, house we have. i have been saving up money to get us out of this place and maybe live like the rich folk up town. in a big fancy house with servants, but that wont ever happen. I go to work daily at the newspaper business. i just make sure the machine is working properly. i dont really get to have much entertainment through out the day, but readin them cartoons on the paper always puts a smile on my face. My wife is always arguing with me because i wont let her have a job. its not right for a woman to have to work, but it might come down to were she will have too. well i hope you enjoyed reading about my day. it most deffinatly was not the greatest, but as long as i still have a smile on my face i reckon ill be just fine.
ReplyDeleteDear Diary,
ReplyDeleteLife is hard in America I work in the most horrible conditions. I have tried to find other jobs that would support me and my family. My wife works in the cotton fields she work 12 hours shifts she hardly be homes. I have to cook and take care of the kids while she is at work because she be exhausted when she come home.
We are kinda poor we live in tenemants in the ghettos. We practice Greek Orthodox we my family loves it. The people here where I stay at are rude and impolite they fight everyday and start so much drama. Well thats enough writing for tonight I'm tired I got to put the kids to bed and get some rest
yea i woke up toa bunmch of kids listening to some ragtime music. me and my wife woke up and we struggle for money everday and its beccoming to be A big struggle for me and my family. the houses are getting more and ore packed everyday because we keep geetting more immigrants.the streets are never clean, how are my kids supposed to play basketball and baseball like this.
ReplyDeleteEric Mathiss
Hello, my name is Jennifer Clearwater. I just watched my husband leave for work. Me? I work around the house and take care of the kids until he gets back, but ever since those new laws i've been more then a little lonely when the kids go off to school. I never did get any of this "education" I was perfectly fine without it. They have to go now. Those cartoons in these paper though keep me entertained, I don't get to go out much. My husband works in those factories making sure that those machines are working right. I sure wish we could live in them big fancy houses with all them servents, but im great living in this here tenements. My husbands says im probably gonna have to start working to help pay these bills around here. Thigns are getting tighter. I don't wanna, but it's what I might just have to do. Life's getting hectic, but I know we will make it threw.
ReplyDeleteBy:: Torie Thompson!:)
As business in the stock market is boomin, i feel as if everything in this great country is finally in place, my daughter and son are getting their education, money's comin in my wife is workin cleanin and cooking at home, its almost to good to b true if you ask me. actually feels like somethin should go terribly wrong,fcome to think about it people are buying alot of shares in the stock market...maybe things aren't as great a they seem what if everything collapses from careless buying of stock...this is horrible
ReplyDeleteuntil next time, if we dont make it through the depression our family will soon be in.
Erich.O
In the moring of the week the kids went out side and talk to their famliy. They went to work in the filds. Afater that they paly game like baseball or other games.
ReplyDeleteIf i were a Greek citizen I believe the scenery would be cool because the architure these people surrounded themsleves with beauty like temples,gymnasiums and theaters.The paintings illustrate scense from everyday life and thing they went throught as the days progressed and things like that but the sculptures would be the most amazing thing because it's cool how an human-being can create real life like sculpturs of people ,places and events.
ReplyDeleteI woke up this mornin got out of my bed and ran to the collisum on my way there I stoped at Myrons house to see how that scuplture was goin. When I walked through the door and saw the legendary sculpter Phidas he sculpted the Zues and Athena. After I left there I went on to the olmpic games.
ReplyDeleteIam a greek and I live in Egypt next to the Nile River. I ate fish and noodles alot but sometimes I went to partys just so I can eat some good food. I worked as a survent to the greek kings. I would take them whatever they needed. I also was active in Olympic games. I would do the discus and javelin. Won year I got first in the discus it was the greatest feeling ever. For entertainment I would make beats in my mouth. I went to school for 4 years and it was boring they never really teached anything but counting and abc's. That's what I live like.
ReplyDeleteWell hello there everyone, this is your king. Everyone shall bow down to my awesome-ness. I just made plans to get all the slaves and bring them over to our neighboring island. Their volcano just erupted and they are in great depression... They need help with rebuilding towns and fixing statues and monuments and such..
ReplyDeleteThank you for all your cooperation....
your king,
Minos
My name is Perlyssius. My home is on the island of Delos during the Persian Wars. Before Darius and his fleet invaded, I lived with my father in a small house on a hill and herded sheep and goats. I was twelve then...
ReplyDeleteNow I'm 16. My father was slain by the Persians and my home was destroyed. I now live in the wilderness and fight the Persians discretely with the leather armor I made from our slain sheep and a quiver of arrows. I will have my vengeance.
I am an early Greek Minoan citizen. I live on the island of Crete. I am a trader. On Crete our soil is too poor to grow crops. My job is to trade thing for food since we cannot grow it ourselves. In my spare time I like to paint and sometimes carve little figurines.
ReplyDeleteIm a greek Olympan i live on mount olympus in northern greek.There are many olympics games played such as boxing,footraces,javelin and discus throwing,and wrestling.At the end of the games,the winners received wreaths of the wild olive branches.Here there is no second are third place only first place prizes.You have tew be in good shape for all these events.Most of the events are done with men an not women.These events where did often threw out the greek land.
ReplyDeleteI’m a Minoan artist named Anna who lives on Crete. All day I make colorful frescoes and carve beautiful figures from bronze, gold, ivory, stone, and silver. My latest work is of King Minos, our Earth Goddess, and it depicts us worshipping a bull.
ReplyDeleteI toke up art when my dad, Romeo, left to become a trader. He said the reason he became a trader is because we had very little food. He could give people what they wanted in return we would get food. But sadly that meant day where I would see my dad.
I am a mycenaeans I live in the southern part of greece. In 1400 B.C. we conqured crete from the minoans we also took linear b away from them. I spend most of my time in the farm feild but when I do have time I like to play historic games with family and friends. I also go fishing and that is what I eat most of the time and I eat crops also.
ReplyDeleteMy parents sat me down last nightand told me that there were about to be big cganges within our family and colony. Thay said my brothers, sister, and my friends may be seperated because of this war.
ReplyDeleteMy immediate fears were that I could lose my family, friends, animals, my home, or even my life. My life wouldnt be the same without these things in it, especially my family.
I heared that a war might be getting started and i will be in the middle, me and my family.
ReplyDeleteIt is around 1400B.C. and my name is austin and i live in a small little town, that nothing realy happens, its realy a great place to be, but a big war is coming up.
All around the town everbody was talking about it how will we get out the middle of the war, so alot of people started moving beside me and me family.
Ever 1 in my family was scared to be killed but my daddy, so my family had keep on asking him lets move because I dont want to get shot .
about the next day we had moved but, a week later we found out the war was a rumor.
Louis brown
Dear Journal,
ReplyDeleteI have heard my parent talk about the war with Englandfrom. I was afriad that my family will die from the Loyalist.Everyday I get more fear than i do everyday. So I have told my parent that i have heard them talk.
It have been a night mare every since the war started. So far we were winning the war , that cool down my fear. So every been good so far.Pheww.
Date 19,August 1774
ReplyDeleteToday when my friends and i got out of school We heard a group of adults huddled in a dark alle muttering worriedly. We were curiuse about what they were talking about. So we climbed the ladder to the roof of the bakery and listen the best we could. My father was their and a couple of other men from town. We heard through their silenced mummbles about a war between the french and the british and we would probbably be caught in the cross fire I never really new what war was but we learned about it a little about it in our studies and it sounds bad. when i got home that night i went d=strait to bed not a word with any one.
Date-,17,october,1774
i have been real buisy these month trying to get my mind of the war I have been terrifyed since i heard the rumor. I fear for the life of my family and my friends and felllow town folk. The reasone i am so terrifyed is we are patriots we are not british loyalist. And i dont know whats going to happen i really dont now all i can do is pray.
1774 January 30th
ReplyDeleteIt has all changed since we first moved here to Virginia. All this talk about an upcoming war is what’s made it change. My parents are Patriots and I agree with their views. We openly discuss the topic of war and how it might drastically change. Well, it has already changed a lot since we moved from England but not nearly as much as my father is expecting it to.
I’m very frightened of what may happen to my brothers and my father when they go off to help with the war. Life was fine the way it was in England! Here I work with my family on our farm (we grow tobacco and cotton) and I love helping my family make a profit. I hope, if my life changes anymore, it’s for the better!
Amanda Chapdelaine
Dear Journel,
ReplyDeletePeople are saying that there will be a war between colonies and England. I have asked my parents and other family members many of times but they just keep saying is that its just talk, but come to think abput it i have heard my parents/family talking about it too. So right now i really dont know what to thinkand beleive right now. I'm just hoping that the disagreement between colonies and England doesn't come to war.
Soo.... I was just told that there was a war coming to town and I was also told that my parents were patriots which means that they want nothing to do with Great Britian anymore. But when my parents and other family told me about the war I didn't know how to respond to that, Because I was so afriad and scared, but all i heard from my parents was to not worry bout it everything will be OK!
Well... the war came it was about 1775 and I was scared like no other, I had no clue what would happen........
I am Alexiou. I am five years old. I went to my first tragedy play. It was written by someone named Sofu... Sofo... Sophocles. That's his name. The name of the play was The Trojan Women. It was really sad. Lots of people died and I felt bad to see those ladies in so much pain.
ReplyDeleteI go to school at the Academyy of Plato. He is an excellent teacher. He seems to like organizing things. He also makes systems very easily. He helped me too! He helped me and my friends to organize our game and put it into a system of sorts. It turned out to make the game a little more challenging.
The name is Emilicles. I live in Ancient Greece and i am an artist. I make intricate vases along side Myrin and Phidias. I also paint the vases with scenes of daily life and things importanth to my Greek culture.
ReplyDeleteI am very facinated by the philosophers such as Socrates, who wonder the streets arguing with other citizens. My friends and I spend a lot of our leisure time going to watch the plays at the the theatre. I partiicularly enjoy the comedies which make fun of some philosophers.
I am a ancient Athenian citizen. In athenians it is surrounded by beauty wich we show our pride by building temples,gymnasiums, and theaters.We also have artists work built by the finest. painting is one of the most important part of our culture. Most of the original work is sculpted by the greeks. We have a art of gold wich symbolizes greek pride in our city-states.We belive in beauty and usefulness. We also belive in harmony,balance,order and moderation.
ReplyDeleteDear Diary,
My name is adonia on a daily bases i wake up to the sound of the city chour sining since we are strong belivers in harmony and beauty .We also are a clean and industrial citizens. Who belive in art and and sculpture and we belive are scultures and painting tell storys of our past.
I am Myron...I am one the greatest sculptors. I lived during the Golden Age. I sculpted The Discus Thrower. The everyday life to me was sculpting everyday, all day. Sculpting is very important to me and it is pure beauty.
ReplyDeleteMy sculptures combined beauty and usefulness and scuplting people and brining out the inner beauty in a person just shows the strength or pride in the person and myself. I enjoyed to see my art symbolize Greek pride. And also my art expressing the Greek beliefs. Last is that my art and my friends art cleary had a purpose and can see the beauty come out to REAL LIFE!!! :)
I live on Crete. I make beautiful paintings. The paintings are found on vases. On the paintings and vases, we illustrate scenes on everyday life as well as mythological events. Us painters used light on the pottery to show contour and depth. We put pictures of animals as well on the vases.
ReplyDeleteWhen we do the sculptures, the Greesks shows Egyptian influences. The sculptures that we do were in unnatural poses. We used all these proportions to make our sculptures and paintings to make it even and better. I love doing paintings and the sculptures.
Dear journal,
ReplyDeleteToday has been a fantastic day. My name is Hercules II. I live northwest of the medditrean sea. Down here we for our activites We have olympics all kind of different sports. we also have therte and art. Greeks main thing to do is art. our main diet is rice, olives, and wine.
As a little kid in Greece it can sometimes be hard because i do alot of work. Also i have to listen to my mother because she is the head of the house. she does alot of work and i really respect her. My dad is to war alot. Since i am the oldest i usually go out to the field and do a little work. Here in Athens life is good.
ReplyDeleteDear Journal,
ReplyDeleteToday was a tough day. More people just moved into our inslua(Romen flats).The streets are still dirty becasue of all the trash getting dumped out the window.We still dont have running water so we had to carry our water up to the top of the building.However the army did go marching down the via sacra today which means they won a great victory.
hi my name is myron i am one of the history's greatest sculptors. i lived during thegolden age. i sculpted the famous figure the Discus Thrower.
ReplyDeleteDear Journal,
ReplyDeleteMy day went fantastic. I was in my home city of Athens and I made more pots than any other. However, someone complained that my pots look different than the person just twenty steps away. I kindly told him nobody makes pots the same way or style.
I then washed my hands and ate a bowl of olives with rice. I was in a hurry because today the theatre was going to put on a comedy about how Plato decided to ban books that involved the gods acting cruely or about heroes that were flawed or even both. I find that kind of idiotic because the gods can act any way they like and nobody is perfect.
Tomorrow I can hardly wait for because the Olympics are going to take place. I have my money on one of the discus throwers. If he wins I get a lot of money from from the other pot maker I mentioned earlier
My name is Theorus. I live in the Golden Age. I just got done eating some lunch in town. I had some olives and rice for my entree. Those are some of the major foods that are grown here. they are delicious. I am about to paint one of the vases I made earlier this week. I'm thinking about painting a picture of an olive fine on the vase. I am really looking forward to tonight because I get to go to the Theatre and watch a very popular drama with my fellow townspeople. Tomorrow we are taking a visit to the Parthenon after school. I am very excited. The architecture in my town is beautiful. Well I'm going to go now so I can get started on my vase.
ReplyDeleteWow, i just got back from the colllesium and watching the olympics. Those are on thing we greek people can look forward to it.Its the best athletes competing at thier sport and trying to win the gold medal. It provides us with entertainment and excitment. The olympics have been around for many years ands they arew starting to become a tradtion.Im Leonides jr. and im a sculptur. I have made many (in my mind) fatastic sculptures. But in this day and age their is a lot of competion from other artists. Their are truly some amazing pieces of art now-a-days. but not just from sculpturs ,but from painters and architects. i probaly need to go to the market pretty soon and stock back up on olives, rice, and whine. Since those are our main foods and farmers grow them all the time.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Hipparacious. I live in Greece. I paint almost everyday. My husband is a sculptor and his brother participates in the olympic games. We love our culture, especially our love for olives.
ReplyDeleteWere going to see a comedy play in our new theatre today. I am very excited to see it. My son helped build the new theatre. Architecture is very important to us and my son has started working early at a young age. Hoping today will be great.
si yo hubiera estado en esa epoca yo hubiera querido estar en el ejercito romana por que me gustaria defender a mi pais, yo viviria en un casa pequena y tendria una familia pequena y todos los dias iria de caza para traer comida y a mis hijos les ensenaria todo lo que yo se para que ellos puedan sobrevivir.
ReplyDeletey tambien me gustaria ser alguien como pitagoras por que a mi me gusta todo sobre las matematicas y tambien las ciencias y si yo hubiera sido como el hubiera querido descubrir mas cosas para que en el futuro se puedan usar y asi hubiera sido mi vida en ese tiempo.
si yo fuera plato oh alguna persona de ellos yo en el dia travajaria muy duro como en cazar animales oh cosas asivque yo pudiera aser, fuera ala escuela compo medio dia estudiaria todo lo que pudiera para sacar buenas notas. Y comiera como por decir si yo fuera a cazar animales los que cazara como por ejemplo venados con eyos los podria destazar y todo y asi podria comer tambien como cultibando sembrar maiz, frijol todo lo que se pudiera.
ReplyDeleteY pues como emn el dia yo fuera ala escuela y travajaria todo lo que pudiera y pues ya en la noche lo que yo aria fuera pues dormir y si uviera travajos de noche en los que pudiera travajar pues yo travajaria para poider vivir la vida. Aser algo para poder vivir como humano.
Waking up in the great Greek civilization we did not have much to do and many activities. The days were long and seemed to drag on forever. When i was younger my Teacher was Plato and he was a great teacher. And he had many different views about everything. After I finished attending his school, I decided to start an academy of my own. My academy was located in Athens around 335 B.C. People did not like my belifes because I thought they all had to be proven logically.
ReplyDeleteNot everyone agreed with my thoughts. So I would go to teach my class everyday wondering who would critizise me next. After I finished my school day I would go home and eat some rice, olives and grapes but with a wine beverage. Those were our main crops during that time. But my entertainment was usually studying and coming up with new theorys. This was the life of Aristotle.
My name is Pythagoras, I am a philosepher and I know everything can be explained in mathematic terms. I am the one who invented pythagorean theorem.
ReplyDeleteWhat I loved to do for fun is go to plays, but I dont like Aristophanes because he likes making fun of Socrates. I think Socrates has taught me alot and dosent deserve to be talked about!
Hello, my name is chase and i am a Greek citizen, i was born and raised in Athens. This week has been extremely hectic, with the Olympic games starting and all. Though its been so hectic its been rather peaceful in most areas of Athens, there hasn't been a war in a few years too which has the entire city in high morale. But ive heard rumors from a very trusted source that there could be another one on the horizon, but im not so sure because there is nobody we have been feuding against lately. The first event at the Olympics started yesterday, it was the discus throwing contest. and the great sculptor, Myron, was there to watch and create a statue symbolizing the start of the Olympics and the first sport played. The games were extremely amazing feats of strength and skill. Thought nobody was crowned champion yest as the games are still occurring, i think all the athletes, and spectators, had a great time
ReplyDeleteToday Greece seemed to become even more beautiful. So many people sculpting and painting. Everyone thinks i'm crazy since i've lived in here my whole live and i still think the city gets more beautiful every day. My friends and I went painting the shrine of Athena. The beauty of it was just the sight of the statues.
ReplyDeleteLater we left to eat. We prepared rice and olives. The most delicious meal that i've tasted. Than later we headed toward the theatre.
We watched a comedy. It was one of the funniest things i've see. Each character played a olympic athlete acting foolish.
My name is Marclenes. My life as a woman in Ancient Greece is closely tied to domestic work, spinning, weaving and other domestic duties. My family is big on farming olives. Women like me are not involved in public life or in politics. My life is normally quite confined to the house although one public duty is acting as a priestess at the town’s temple. I live in a one-story house made of sun-dried brick that sits close to the street. My house is lit by oil lamps. On a daily us basis, I usually eat bread with food such as cheese, vegetables, fish, eggs and fruit. Animal such as deer, rabbits and hogs are hunted also.
ReplyDeleteAncient Greek women and girls like me are not expected to do much physical activity. I married when I was 14. I have four children. Two of them are boys and have been under the care of their pedagogue for a while now. I sometimes wear a shawl and like everyone else, I wear sandals. Family is a very important concept for me and everyone here in Greece. I am very content with my life here.
I was in Texas making money. Stayed in the suburbs with my wife and four kids. We had an average size house wasn't rich but not poor neither. I worked as an interviewer for the baseball league and it was exciting to see a game that had excitement.
ReplyDeleteMy daily life was exciting going to almost every game you know of and just looking at the games. The crowds were looking to stand out of there seats every homerun, good hit, and outs they got. My life seemed like it was a dream the back in day. This was my life back in the day and i liked it.
Dear journal
ReplyDeleteMe and my husband got up at our normal time of 4 30 to get ready for a hard day of work. My poor husbad works his hide end off at the factory to help suppport us, and as much as he hates it it is what must be done. Because of him we are very comfortable in our one bedroom apartment and get by with food.
my secretary job is very stressful sometimes, my boss expects so much of me. One day me aand john will be able to have the life we deserve. We will not have to worry about late bills, rent and my husband working to his death. One day journal, one day.
Sincerly Christina Trevino
Dedar Journal,
ReplyDeleteI am Marissa, I live in the Gilded Age. I am going to tell you what me and my family did for a living. We live in Texas and my husband does all the work on the outside. My work takes place primarily inside in the house. Our kids go to school and after they get out of school they get to work. The house we live in, my husband built.
i am a lonely man in a log cabin in the prarie.
ReplyDeletemy daily life is like i clean my house and go to work at the slaughter mill. then i go ride horeses as entertainment.
My name is Micah I live in Boston I work at a machine shop, making sure all the machines run smoothly. I have a wife with one child. My wife stays at home because I don't think women should have to work a job. My child now attends school since that new law passed. I live a nice neighborhood someone got shot last week, but it's all good! Me and my family attend current Vaudiville shows, and every now and then love to listen to Ragtime at the house. Money's getting tighter though, since there's more of paper money, then Gold so my wife might have to start working. It's something I wouldn't like, but it's what we might need.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Andrea Huerta. I live in New York City. I moved to New York about two years ago. I moved to the U.S. so I can bring my family over because it's alot better over here. I'm not married. I'm single living by myself in New York. I live in a small apartment building. There are a few people living outside my building because they have no homes and it also smells bad.
ReplyDeleteI'm in the middle class so I have to work for everything. I work as a maid in the middle class. They pay me well but not much. They ask me to do alot but I don't mind. As long as the job pays me to help earn money to bring my family over I'm good.
Im Mary E. Lease, I live in Kansas. I traveled the country urging peolpe to take action. The great common people of this country are slaves and monopoly is the master. The politicians said we suffered from overproduction.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Kurt, I live in Massachusetts. I work in a machine shop, I am a machine operator. I make alot of parts people need for tractors and other stuff.
ReplyDeleteI am not married. My family is still living over in Europe. I am making money here so I can send them money so that they can travel here to the United States.
By: Kurt Jasinski
Hello my name is George McCullin I live in New York. I live on my own with my 2 kids George jr. and Georgiana since my wife passed away this last summer. I work hard in the fields to keep me busy. My kids love to play outside and run around the neighboorhood.
ReplyDeleteIts been hard living without my spouse but ill be alright. My kids are having it worse then me though. Im making money so i can help the rest of our family to come over seas. Ill be ok as long as the feids stay healthy.
Chris Maynard
Hello my name Earl franklin I work for a factory in rhode island i am a mechenist i work on all the machines so that i can have money to surport my family my wife ellen is a stay at home mom and takes care of the kids.
ReplyDeleteI send money over to europe to help support them and give them money so they can come over and live here. by paden ullrich